People-Centered Justice in a time of Intersecting Crises: From Commitment to Action
The International Development Research Center (IDRC), Justice Canada and the Pathfinders for Peaceful, Just and Inclusive Societies are hosting a High-Level Session at the 8th Open Government Partnership (OGP) Global Summit held in Tallinn, Estonia on September 6-7, 2023.
We are in the midst of intersecting crises – climate change, debt, rising costs of living, increased conflict and weakening public trust – and the SDGs are off-track at the midpoint of the 2030 Agenda. Recognizing that people-centered and open justice is a critical tool to address these challenges, this session seeks to explore ways to shift from justice ambitions/ commitments to concrete actions to deliver justice for all.
- Shannon Green, Assistant to the Administrator of the Bureau for Democracy, Human Rights, and Governance (DRG), USAID
- Widodo Ekatjahjana, Head of the National Law Development Agency under the Ministry of Law and Human Rights, Government of Indonesia
- Sheila Formento, Executive Director, Alternative Law Groups
- Hon. Justice Joseph Kiplagat Sergon, National Steering Committee for Implementation of Alternative Justice System, Judiciary of Kenya
- Agnes Cynthia Amoding, Young Justice Leader
- Swati Mehta, Program Director, the Pathfinders for Peaceful, Just and Inclusive Societies at the NYU Center on International Cooperation
Join our mailing list to receive regular updates on our latest events, analysis, and resources.