Financing People-Centered Justice: Underwriting a systemic shift towards Justice for All
July 13, 2023 | 10:00AM – 12:00PM (ET) | Hybrid
Bahá’í International Community, United Nations Office
866 United Nations Plaza, Suite 120
New York, NY 10017
The Permanent Missions to the United Nations of the Kingdom of the Netherlands and France, the Pathfinders for Peaceful, Just and Inclusive Societies (NYU CIC), ODI, Namati, HiiL, UNDP, and USAID are delighted to invite you to a meeting on Financing People-Centered Justice: Underwriting a systemic shift towards Justice for All on the sidelines of HLPF 2023.
This event seeks to bring together countries interested in pivoting to people-centered justice, justice practitioners, researchers, and justice donors to discuss what financing of people-centered justice looks like in practice.
How do we fund effective solutions which serve people and close the justice gap? It will delve into questions of what (should be funded), why (should it be funded?), who (should fund it) and where (context specificity).
- Marriët Schuurman, Director of Stability and Humanitarian Aid, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands
- Clare Manuel, Senior Research Associate, ODI
- Marcus Manuel, Senior Research Associate, ODI
- Theresa Smout, Programme Director ENU, HiiL
- Katy Thompson, Head of Rule of Law, Security, and Human Rights, UNDP
- Shelley Inglis, Senior Rule of Law Advisor, USAID
- Kelechi Achinonu, Young Justice Leader
- Andrews Kananga – Founding Member of ACE-AJ and Executive Director of the Legal Aid Forum – Rwanda
- David Steven, Senior Fellow, NYU CIC & UN Foundation
*For those attending in-person, there will be a coffee and networking prior to the event from 9:30AM -10:00AM (ET)
Stay connected with Pathfinders
Sign up for the Pathfinders mailing list to be the first to know about upcoming events, resources, and more.