Conflict Early Warning/Early Action Practitioners Workshop
The 2021 Practitioners Workshop on Conflict Early Warning/Early Action took place virtually on 18-20 May. This year’s workshop will bring more visibility to specific advancements in the conflict and violence early warning and early action (EWEA) fields, with the idea to share global lessons from different actors and offer specific skills-building opportunities. The nature of conflict is transforming across the world while many new technologies are developing exponentially. The Conflict Early Warning/Early Action (EWEA) community is transforming its work as well to tackle the challenge and seize the opportunity.
What to expect – expert panels, project pitches, & discussion forums, including:
- More than 30 sessions discussing innovative utilization of data, models, apps, and hubs for conflict early warning and prevention
- Expert discussions on building partnerships across sectors
- The opportunity for opening pathways to connect early warning with early action
- Bringing together at the international level (for the first time) governments, civil society, academia, and the private sector working on EWEA to share lessons learned
- Learning about advanced techniques with the greatest potential to revolutionize the EWEA field
- Learning about the latest EWEA work from United Nations DPPA/DPO, German Federal Foreign Office, Department for Peace and Conflict Research at Uppsala University, ACLED – The Armed Conflict Location & Event Data Project, Facebook, and more…
Join our hands-on skills workshops and learn:
- How to utilize Geospatial Information Technology (GIT) in Fragile Contexts
- How to use open resources and improve your data visualization skills
- How to use Twitter data and NLP to enhance your conflict research skills
- How to work with Facebook on conflict prevention
Don’t miss the final day highlight – DataKind Discovery Day!
- Discover the “Art of Possible” of data science
- Participate in one-on-one discussions with data scientists
- Envision the ways to advance your organizations’ missions with the help of data science
Join our mailing list to receive regular updates on our latest events, analysis, and resources.